Captain J. Forsyth the author of the 'The Highlands of Central India' Discovered pachmarhi in 1862 while exploring the portion of Satpura forests. The name "Pachmarhi" is derived from five ancient caves, which have been here in a small hell rising abruptly from an open part of the plateau Brahminical tradition claims these caves as one of the places at which the five Pandav brothers so journed during the period of their wandering.
The Pachmarhi Cantonment was established in the year 1872. The Cantonment board is a statutory body constituted under cantonment act 1924 & entrusted with the municipal administration of the cantonment area Municipal administration includes among other things provision of civic Amenities, medical & educational facilities formulation & implementation of Development plans, financial management & personal administration in Short it runs the entire gamut of local government functions & includes such Varied functions as the registration of birth & deaths to enforcing measures for the protection of environment.
Call For Any Complaint / Suggestions Please Call
Join Hands With Swachh Bharat Mission